- it's a crazy combo of Indonesian and Portuguese (rightfully so, I guess!)
- The UN is everywhere, and I mean everywhere! There are about 12 UN police officers stationed at my hotel (I'm down the street from Embassy Row...nothing like DC's embassy row!)
- The country is beautiful and lush...I imagine Bali to have looked this way 50 years ago
- It's expensive...way too expensive for what you get ($110/night for room...you've got to be kidding me!)
- Internet isn't reliable, but what's new in a developing country.
- For those who told me ET is the Africa of Asia, they were correct.
- The airport was like stepping out of a 1940's movie! It's all outside...even the baggage claim..crazy. Oh yeah and our plane skidded to the very end of the runway...yes, all the way. I was a bit nervous to say the least
- People are very hard to reach by phone and email...have to admit I'm a bit jealous!
Also, three upcoming posts--1) THE TIPSY TURTLE IS OPEN! 2) Speaking at Muster in Panama and 3) Old Crow Medicine Show.