Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Job!

I started my new job on Wednesday (4 November) and it’s been a whirlwind of a few days! I worked in the office for 3 days (full of meetings and conference calls…whew) and then hopped on a plane for South Africa and Zimbabwe! I’m feeling like I’m in a little over my head!

Though I haven’t been in the new position long, I think I am really going to love it. My boss (Ambassador Eric Bost) is fantastic. I know that I will learn a tremendous amount from him and will enjoy working with him. Don’t get me wrong, it will be a lot of work, but I’m looking forward to it. Since this position is university-wide, I think I’ll have a steep learning curve in the beginning. I’ve enjoyed working in agriculture, but it will be nice to have a slight change in “scenery,” if you know what I mean.

My initial priorities will include: developing a strategic plan for the Office of Global Initiatives; developing a campus wide India Strategy; programs for South Africa and Zimbabwe (thus the trip); Bahrain opportunities (exchange program and energy institute); developing new promotional pieces; and many more! Needless to say, I’ll have my hands full.

I will be traveling quite a bit, which will be nice. In early 2010, I’ll be traveling to India, Bahrain, Liberia and Ghana. The good news is, the trips won’t be very long! And, Aaron and I have talked about him coming along with me on a couple of trips, which would be AWESOME!!!

I’ll definitely try to keep my blog updated as I travel to new places and take on new adventures (no promises, as I’m not very good at this!).

1 comment:

  1. Dude, this sounds like the perfect job for you! No doubt it will be overwhelming at first, but I am sure you'll rise to the challenge. All the traveling sounds amazing-- I hope you're keeping a journal!

    ReplyDelete