Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Delicious Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls

I don't know the actual name for these things, but I think they sounds fantastic. I say "think" because I haven't tried the final product yet (just bits and pieces of it!).

I got the idea from my friend Dana. It's SUPER easy, and they look really yummy (pics to come later).

Here's how I made them:

Ingredients:
1 package of Oreos
1 8oz block of cream cheese
Powdered sugar (to add to cream cheese)--add to taste :)
Chocolate bark
White bark
Candy cane pieces (or any other topping--I bought some Andes Peppermint Chips)
Small cupcake holders

Steps:
1. "Puree" half the package of oreos, set aside
2. melt cream cheese, with powdered sugar added to taste
3. mix cream cheese and oreos in large bowl
4. refrigerate for 2 hours or so (until it's no longer "sticky")
5. roll mix into quarter size balls (warning your hands get really messy!) and place in little cupcake holders--I placed mine in a cake pan
6. refrigerate balls for 30 minutes or so
7. warm up barks in separate bowls (I used three bars from the package and it was way too much)
8. spoon out bark of your choice to cover each ball
9. sprinkle your topping on the top
10. Refrigerate long enough for bark to harden
11. Enjoy (which is what I'll be doing later this evening)

1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite!! Hollie made some using red velvet cake and they were amazing as well! :)

    ReplyDelete